Sunday, April 28, 2019

What is a true leadership looks like

As my #RoadToVA continues, I experienced a very disappointing situation that makes me ask what true leadership is.

What happen is that I applied to a company where I will be trained first as an Online Consultant. In the training I met a fellow Filipina who is also determined to pass the training and start working with them. At first, the Trainor/Manager is really nice and informative about the company and our job but afterwards she didn't really trained us instead she just gave us material to read which is long and totally out of our league since it's all about plastic surgery. So she gave us the material that we need to study (memorize) for three hours and that is 5 topics with no explanation of the procedure. So we study and watch the procedure as we also searching for the words that we don't know. After 3 hours, She will call us and the exam happens which is we will be typing the information in detailed which doesn't makes sense to us because the way we understand it we have time to write down the details so we don't need to memorize it. I let it pass thinking that this is just a challenge for us and I'am willing to pass it so I study so hard for the next days until one day in our exam I made one mistake and she is so disappointed that she made me look like I'am not taking it seriously (what happens to all the right thing I did in the previous days?) one mistake and she seems like she wanted to fire me. So, for the next couple of days while taking a rest from studying, A question keeps bugging me. Is this the type of boss that I want? and a clear no is my answer. So I decided to quit even though I want the job.

For me, A good leader/boss is a vital part in making an employee stay in the job. A leader that will lift you to make you grow in your career and to do your job well.

No comments:

Post a Comment